Sunday, October 22, 2006

Bad blogger!

Yes, I know, I suck. I just can't keep up with everything. *sigh* But I sincerely hope that's going to be getting better soon. After all, what's the point of having this space here if I never write anything to fill it?

I do have book news. I received an offer for The Silver Spoon, which is great! I'm not at liberty to discuss the details since the deal is not yet done and we may yet encounter obstacles, but I'm happy to be moving in the right direction. There is also interest in the second book on their part, too, so I'm hopeful that will work out as well. I'll keep you posted as soon as I know anything definite.

I also bought my costume for RT. I went for the non-saucy tavern wench. Thank you to everyone who weighed in on this important decision. (yeah, Beck, you're right. I'm not brave enough to be "saucy," particularly when that word translates pretty much to more exposed bosom. *grin*)

In non-book related news, I have to tell you that I love the new show, Ugly Betty. It is so funny and sweet and dear God, I relate to her. It's horrible being the only awkward, un-put-together person in a group of beautiful people. Think I'm kidding? Ask those who remember me in my freshman year in high school. A frightening amount of metal braces, bangs that added a least three inches to my height and caused the depletion of the ozone layer on a daily basis thanks to the amount of hairspray needed, HUGE Sally Jesse Raphael red glasses....*shudder* It's just too awful to contemplate.

Anyway, "Betty" is awesome. If you haven't already, check it out. : ) It's easy enough to do so with it being right ahead of Grey's Anatomy on Thursdays!

Hope to be back here with more news soon!

3 comments:

Eddie said...

Awwww ... no saucy tavern wench? You are such a wuss.

Anonymous said...

Kudos on the great book news! Way to go!

-- Jeanine

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the book offer! Looking forward to details.