Thursday, December 04, 2008

Book recommendations

Just finished The Dead and The Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer on audio book, which I swear should not be allowed as I got so sucked in that I would, at times, look up and be startled at exactly how far I'd traveled. Yes, it is YA, but it is worth reading/listening to for all ages. This is related to the book Life As We Knew It by the same author, which I think I recommended earlier. Asteroid hits the moon and moves it too close to the Earth. Life is forever changed. Food shortages, flu epidemics, the dead piling up on the streets.
 
Very intense but excellent stories. Both books cover the same events but from two different people/perspectives.
 
I also finished The Adoration of Jenna Fox, which was interesting as well, but a completely different style. This was, however, the first audio book I could stand with a female narrator. Some of the others I've tried were so grating, but this woman--Jenna Lamia, I believe--did a great job.

No comments: