Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The latest and greatest...or something like that.

We were out of town this weekend for my cousin's wedding in Michigan--which was beautiful as it was held at an outdoor herb garden/farm--so I'm running a little behind this week. : )

NEVER GIVE A HYPOCHONDRIAC THE WORST CASE SCENARIO
So the side of my nose has had a little red spot on it for several years now. The first dermatologist, when I asked, told me it was the beginning of rosacea (spelling?) which is a condition that occurs in many fair-skinned people. It never got any worse, so I decided to ignore it as it could mostly be covered by make up. But then my regular doctor noticed it this year and was concerned, so she sent me to a different dermatologist who immediately recognized it as either cancerous or pre-cancerous. Fun, right?

So now I've got this special cream to apply to fix it. Only the side effects listed on the pharmacy insert promptly freaked me out. Especially because within fifteen minutes of reading them, I felt sure that I was experiencing every single one of them in this vague, undefined, "Am I nauseous? If I am, that means I'm experiencing one of these horrible side effects and oh, yeah, now I'm definitely feeling sick to my stomach" kind of way. "Hair loss? My ponytail does feel a little skinnier than normal. I don't know..."

FREE T-SHIRT
I've been going to the gym three or four times a week now for a few weeks. Hoping it makes a difference with what one writer in RWA calls "desk butt." : ) But with the three day weekend and being out of town, I fell off my regular schedule and did not feel like going in yesterday. But then when I got home from work yesterday, feeling very unmotivated to change my clothes and drag myself into the gym, I found we had a voicemail from the gym telling me that I'd earned a free t-shirt with all my earlier dedication.

We used to say in college that people will do just about anything for a free t-shirt. Credit card companies would come to campus and offer free t-shirts for those who signed up.

And you know what, it works. It got me to leave my house yesterday to work out because I wanted to get my free t-shirt. : )

PANIC BUTTON
We were waiting in the Chinese restaurant for our take out order to be ready, and as some of you already know, I'm a born fidgeter. I can't sit still. So, I was fiddling with my husband's keys, and I noticed that the little red button on the back of the key fob is actually labled "Panic." For whatever reason, it made me imagine pushing the button whenever I panicked about anything in life. Worried about your the low balance in your checking account--just press the "Panic" button! A little freaked out about getting everything done at work--that's what the "Panic" button is for. I haven't quite figured out yet what happens in either of those situations when you press the "panic" button, but I feel it should involve a small mysterious man in a dark suit appearing suddenly. : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That must have been scary to hear the C word tossed around! I hope they stay on top of it and get it taken care of.

Anne