Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Google--first in the fight to stop drunk emailing...

 
I personally have never succumbed to this temptation. Mainly because when I've been THAT drunk (which has been very rare in my life, indeed), I'm usually laying on a couch somewhere sleeping or...giggling. The very last thought on my alcohol-soaked mind would be to get up and turn the computer on. No, no, I prefer the more tried and true version of humiliating myself in person. 
 
However, that being said, I'm intrigued by the story implications of this, if this practice became wide spread. True, you can shut Mail Goggles off, but that involves going into your account settings, etc. And when you need to send that urgent email (in a story) to let someone know who the murderer (evil alien/cult leader/etc.) is, you have to stop and solve math problems? That would be awesome! :)
 
Also, P.S. I'm not good at math when completely and utterly sober, so I'd probably never beat what appears to be a time limit on solving the Mail Goggles math problems. What about some word problems? You know, "An eight letter word for "'atmosphere'" or something. That could work, right? 
 
: ) Stacey  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, so been there, wrote that. It's waaaay to easy today to communicate in sitches where NOT communicating would be a much better idea!! I wonder if there's a book or site out there that's a compilation of drunk writings? Ha!

Stac