Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Watching the results, Sarah Connor Chronicles, random stuff...

Am sick, but I'm laying (lying? Was never good at that one) here on the couch, laptop on my lap and watching the results come in. This is very cool, watching history happen no matter which way this turns out. This is officially the first time I've ever cared enough about an election to be multi-media about it. I'm watching on television and checking the live blog on Time.com. The entertainment blogger, James Poniewozik, is contributing to the blog, and I look forward to reading his blog, Tuned In, every day. He's cracking me up in the live blog as well!
 
In other news...did anybody think Sarah Connor Chronicles was kind of lame last night? I love this show with a fervor generally reserved for Battlestar Galactica, especially those with a Kara/Lee storyline, but last night just seemed...eh. And I swear, I'm not saying that just because Riley was in it. I don't like this Jessie storyline for Derek. It's irritating me because it's so clear that she's up to no good. I'm hoping Derek is just playing along or I'm going to lose faith in him. Also, virtually no Cameron/John scenes. I miss those. The Ellison story is finally getting a little interesting, I think.
 
Shirley Manson is doing quite well, I think, at portraying a machine. Even her motions are clipped and mechanical. Awesome!
 
Best line from Cameron: "Nobody likes a nag." Hee.
 
Other stuff...listening to my first audio book--The Rules of Survival by Nancy Werlin--from the library. It was frustrating at first because it was so SLOW, but then I put it in the CD player again on my way home and found you just have to adjust to being read to instead of reading to yourself (which happens much faster usually). Any books you all particularly recommend as audio books?
 
I'm also excited that one of my favorite YA authors and fellow Chicagoan, Simone Elkeles, has a new book, Perfect Chemistry, coming out next month!
 
Okay, done rambling for now...more later!
:) Stacey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stace -- How are you feeling?

Stac