Monday, September 27, 2004

My first review!

My publisher emailed me yesterday to let me know that the first official review of The Silver Spoon is out! 4 Angels from Fallen Angel Reviews!!!

Here's a little bit from the review:

"The character of Zara is interesting in that she suspects she might be going crazy, so her perceptions might not be real. This plot device keeps the reader on the edge of her seat. I thought this was a very intriguing science fiction suspense novel, and found it almost impossible to put down. It’s a satisfying read."


Woo-hooo!! It's always excellent when someone "gets" what you were trying to do and likes it. Yea!! Thanks to Jean at FAR for her time and her review.

Read the full review here.

______________________

In other news...

-check out Meg Cabot's Q&A blog for her ratings of television shows. What she says about Extreme Home Makeover made me laugh out loud!

-LKH also had a good one that made me laugh this morning. She says, "With the construction we almost never park in our own driveway anymore, so I was walking across the yard in high heels in the dark. More adventure than I want before six in the morning." Check out the whole entry by clicking on the quote. Her new book, Incubus Dreams, comes out tomorrow. I'm so stopping by the BN on my way to work! Also, I believe all of you have convinced me to give her one of my books when I see her this week. I'll still be nervous, but whatever. Hopefully, putting her quote in this entry doesn't break like a hundred copyright laws. Oh well, if someone out there thinks that it does, let me know and I'll take the quote out and replace it with just a plain link.

Talk to you tomorrow!

5 comments:

Eddie said...

Wow ... that is a great review. Congratulations!

Eddie said...

Um ... the wow wasn't meant to designate shock at the ability of your back to garner a great review ;) This is just the first of many. We don't need you to wig out right before the big convention, now do we.

Stacey said...

Ed, you're cracking me up! First, the convention isn't for another six months, so while I'm nervous already, I'm not that nervous : ) LKH is going to be at a signing here in Chicago, so that's how I'm going to see her this week!

And I didn't take your exclamation of "Wow" to be anything other than a pleased and happy comment from a friend. However, the typo in your next comment has me laughing out loud. How do you know that my "back" is worthy of a great review? Have you been spying on me while I'm changing clothes or something? : ) LOL!!!

Eddie said...

You didn't think my routinely showing up at your dorm room just as you got out of the shower was a coincidence did you>

Anonymous said...

Stacey, what a great review! Congratulations. Make sure you make a nice color print of that for your "scrapbook" or whatever you decide to do with these memories.

I tried to order the book at my local Borders, and they said it wasn't released yet (this was last week)!

Can you send a signed book plate to Carroll (Clint's Mom)? She bought your book online and would like to have it autographed. :)

Eddie, I can't decide if it is sadder that you admit to showing up purposely, or that you wrote your comment at 1:02 AM?!?!

-Becky