Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Firefly News/Gossip

Just found this in the Watch with Kristin gossip column on EOnline (she is the absolute best, in my opinion):

From junglejen9: Firefly. You gotta spill it if you have
any additional info, please!

I've heard the CW is considering bringing it back as a series, miniseries or movie for next season. Hurrah! For you who missed my message board posting, on Tuesday, Nate Fillion, Summer Glau and Gina Torres were seen coming out of one of the exec buildings at Paramount, where they are putting together the new
CW unit.

Though, if Joss Whedon isn't behind the wheel on whatever they come up with, I'm not watching. Whenever he leaves someone else in charge, things seem to fall apart (see Angel, later seasons). I almost said "things go to hell. Literally." But I can't remember if they ever made that trip on Angel. Just Buffy as far as I know, right? After she killed Angel, he was sent to a hell dimension if I remember correctly. Of course, on Angel, Connor came from a hell dimension too, and that was a pretty bad season as well.

Also, in case you don't follow tv news as rabidly as some of us, the CW is the new channel that combines UPN and WB programming. C, I believe stands for CBS, UPN's parent company.

4 comments:

Pat Kirby said...

I don't remember any trips to hell on "Angel," although there was the jaunt to the demon world where they picked up Fred.

Sigh. With my luck, the new Firefly will be on cable. Which means waiting, as I do with Battlestar Galactica, till things come out on DVD.

Le sigh.

Oh, and I can't spell maitre'd and stupid Word won't be tricked into putting the little hat thingy over the "i." Grrrr.

Stacey said...

Pat, I think if you get WB shows now on WGN (I'm very unclear as to which parts of the country get this Chicago station but I know that it's more than just IL), you should be covered for all the new CW shows.

Ugh, as I type the new name of the network, I realize how much I hate it. CW. It just seems forced. Not that it really matters--I'll watch it as long as they keep Veronica Mars! Bringing Firefly back would be awesome too!

Eddie said...

CW is actually a broadcast station and should be available in most cities. If you can watch Smallville, or Seventh Heaven, then you will probably get CW.

As for Joss Wheadon being invloved, I don't know. He had already stated that the movie didn't do well enough to warrant any more effort on the Firefly series, but he might change his mind. I agree, if Joss Wheadon isn't involved, it will probably be the suckage.

Anonymous said...

According to Joss, as posted on Whedonesque, it ain't so.
http://whedonesque.com/comments/9548
Wish it was.
Anne