Friday, February 03, 2006

Something I never realized...

I never realized exactly how much I talk/sing to myself until I lost my voice today. According to the doctor, I actually have laryngitis--the real thing, not just a hoarse or strained voice. Never had this happen before.

Speaking to other people is obviously a troublesome issue as well. I feel like I'm trapped in that episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer where the creepy fairy tale monsters come and take everyone's voice. I can't even answer the stupid phone. My voice is so faint, I'm not sure the person on the other end would hear me.

Weird thing is because it doesn't hurt or anything, I forget for long stretches of time that I can't talk until I try to speak again!

But the nice doctor (mine didn't look like McDreamy either, Beck, though he wasn't a neurologist!) gave me antibiotics so all should be cleared up shortly, I hope.

Battlestar Galactica is new tonight and I hope a better episode than last week. I thought the Apollo backstory felt really forced and artificial to be coming up this far into the second season. However, it looks like a Starbuck-centric episode tonight, so I'm interested to see what'll be happening. I also have a vintage episode of House tivoing tonight on USA.

Other fun things:

-I'm not the only one who hates watching the judges make fun of people on American Idol. I refuse to watch it because I think that bashing someone's dreams (whether they suck or not) is just an evil thing to do. You can say, "No thanks." Or offer gentle encouragement toward another dream. You don't have to be cruel, though I suppose that wouldn't be good television. Meg Cabot has her own thoughts on this, "nerd persecution," and she says it far better than I. You'll have to scroll a little on her entry to find this, but the whole thing is, as always, worth reading!

-How cool is this?!? Check out Megan Crane's (indirect) encounter with the creator/writer of the best show on television, Shonda Rhimes (Grey's Anatomy)!!!

-Scroll down this page from Watch with Kristin to find links to blogs for various The Office personnel. Kristin's USA Today article is fun, too.

No comments: