Monday, July 31, 2006

Jumble of thoughts

Started work today. Got up with the sun...literally. I've discovered that it's kind of cool to be up that early. Everything is so quiet, and there's little (besides my bed) to distract me. However, getting up that early really sucks. : ) If that makes any sense.

I've forgotten how tiring it is to be new. How uncertain you can feel about your role and the bounds of your responsibility and authority. But the people are nice and the job will be challenging so that's good.


BATHROOM TALK (You have been warned. No complaining! : ) )

Weird thing, in the bathroom at work, they have a bottle of spray air freshener in every stall on the back of the toilet. And three more on the countertop by the sinks. So, obviously, this is an important issue for them. But me being me, I'm wondering about protocol. Is that something you do for yourself or when you deem it necessary, regardless of the source? Is it gross that I'm talking about this? These are the thoughts that are wandering through my head. Like, say you're in there and it's just standard protocol to spray every time regardless. Companies develop weird traditions like that. At my last company, you'd get a tray to carry your food to the table in the cafeteria, but you never ate on the tray. You always returned it to the tray holder before even eating. Which was stupid because it meant you had to juggle all your dirty dishes to the conveyor belt instead of just using the tray. But those were the rules. And everybody followed them. I just don't want to break the bathroom air freshener rules because I don't know them, you know? Aaaaah, the peer pressure! : )

NON-BATHROOM TALK
We went to see Miami Vice this weekend and hit the movie trifecta.
-someone snoring behind us,
-a couple talking so loudly I wanted to tell them that if I'd wanted to hear their commentary I would have waited for the DVD to come out and then gone over to their house,
-and a woman with a larger than average hairdo (or perhaps it was her head...I'm not being nasty, I just couldn't see the screen as well around her) in front of us.

Plus, I really didn't like the movie either. Oh, well, better luck next time.

I'm off to microwave dinner, watch The Closer and Saved, or as much as I can stay awake for, and finish my laundry! : )

No comments: