Saturday, January 20, 2007

Interview Questions from Twench (Ed)

Interview Meme Rules are as follows: You comment on this entry requesting an interview. I respond with five questions. The questions will theoretically be tailored to you based on what I know of you (or want to know). You copy and paste those questions into your own journal, and write the answers, along with these rules. Anyone wanting an interview from you continues the game by requesting an interview from you.

1. You awake to find yourself in a science fiction novel/movie/tv show. What does the universe look like (popular TV show or a made up one) and who are you (yourself, some known character, some random red shirt schmuck)?

Dude, good question! If it didn't make me a complete ego-maniac, I'd love to *visit* the world in The Silver Spoon. See them all and talk to them. Have a conversation that could be actually be heard somewhere else besides inside my head. And while it's temping to wish myself into a position to get my hands on Caelan, he and Zara belong together (in this humble author's opinion, but they may not agree) and besides, he would know the difference. Zara has a lot of tough stuff to deal and when confronted with it, she would not curl up in the fetal position and cry...like I would.

So instead, I'd wish to be a recently awakened drone* with super powers (telekinesis or mind manipulation...I can't decide!) and waaaay less responsibility. Also, I'd be super hot. : )

*This refers to events in book two, which Ed has read, and I hope the rest of you will be able to read soon!

However, I must confess that for many of my teen years, I harbored a deep fantasy of being an ensign on the Enterprise. Some of the first stories I wrote were to this effect, fan-fiction before I even knew what it was. And before you ask, it was Kirk's Enterprise. That was the only place where a lowly, young ensign might catch a captain's attention...unless I managed to save the ship from nanites or something on Picard's Enterprise.

2. When the Silver Spoon is made into a movie, who would you want to play the main characters?

Thank you for saying "when" and not "if." *grin* I'd like Zara to be played by an actual redhead rather than an actress with dyed hair. So, if they were casting right now, I'd want them to talk to Bryce Dallas Howard, looks-wise. But only if she has the spunk and attitude to pull it off.

As for Caelan, well, that's something I've vowed to keep quiet about. But it's not that hard to figure out if you know me and what actors I like. : )



3. What songs on your iPOD do you wish you had never loaded?
Ha, there are lots of them that I've heard so many times, I'm sick of them. But the first song that popped into my head with this question is "I Want Your Sex, Pt.2" by George Michael. I didn't even know there was a Pt. 2. This is not the song I'm familiar with and wanted for my 80s collection. I hate Pt. 2.

4. First to have a child: You or Susan?
Hmm. Tough call. Susan is thirteen years younger than me. She's got four years of college, probably a couple of years of dating after that and then marriage...

I'm thirty-one now so...

Michael. : )

5. Are you a god?
Uh, no...Wait, wait, I mean yes!

3 comments:

Eddie said...

re #5: Ah very good grasshopper. You are learning. As for #4, there was a reason Michael was left off the list ;)

Anonymous said...

As for the who has a kid first Stacey or Susan?.... i tend to agree with Stacey. It will be a while thanks. I add my vote to hers... MICHAEL!!!! lol
~~~Susan

Eddie said...

Don't know if you will see this, but how bout an interview?