Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Questions for Becky

Interview Meme Rules are as follows: You comment on this entry requesting an interview. I respond with five questions. The questions will theoretically be tailored to you based on what I know of you (or want to know). You copy and paste those questions into your own journal, and write the answers, along with these rules. Anyone wanting an interview from you continues the game by requesting an interview from you.

1) If you could talk to your college self, knowing what you know now, what major would you tell yourself to pick? If it's different than what you actually chose, what is it and why?

2) Do you still catch yourself thinking/dreaming in German?

3) Do you regret not going to law school? Why or why not?

4) What's one dumb thing you've done that you wouldn't change even if you could?

5) What is a common misperception people have about you? (For example, many people think I'm a bit of a loudmouth, but, as you know, I'm actually rather shy, especially around new people--it's just that forcing myself to be loud and talky is a pretty good disguise!)

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Becky's Answers (Thanks, Beck!)

1) If you could talk to your college self, knowing what you know now, what major would you tell yourself to pick? If it's different than what you actually chose, what is it and why?

I would pick Education and Mathematics - and stick it out with the one armed nun. I wish I could have been a teacher. Oddly, this is an easy questions. I love my current job, so it's not something I'd go back to school for, but there you have it.


2) Do you still catch yourself thinking/dreaming in German?

Yes, I do. Especially after having been in Germany this past summer. This past week I went to a Bavarian restaurant in Virginia. I started to ask a question about a sauce, and I kept switching into German. It was kind of cool. Would have been better if our waitress had actually spoken German too.


3) Do you regret not going to law school? Why or why not?

Not really. I love living in TC, but lawyers are a dime a dozen up here. Plus, I love working with Clint and I couldn't have that if I were a lawyer. Finally, I hated last week. I worked 70+ hours, and it was hell. It wasn't what I wanted to be doing, I'm exhausted still, and I am resentful that it had to happen. As a laywer that would be more of a common thing. I want to work to live, not live to work.


4) What's one dumb thing you've done that you wouldn't change even if you could?

As aweful as it was, I wouldn't change November 4, 1994. It was aweful walking in and seeing this guy I liked with his arm around his ex...then getting so piss-drunk that I don't remember what was going on. BUT, it loosened my inhabitions so much that I met my husband. We have a hillarious story to tell (of course we leave out the whole House Stripper joke during the retelling along with holding up the wall with sun glasses at 6:00 the next night and the three day hangover). I love Clint so dearly, and I can't imaging a life where he isn't a part of it. Where we came from is part of who we are and I wouldn't change that for all the hangover free days in the world.

5) What is a common misperception people have about you? (For example, many people think I'm a bit of a loudmouth, but, as you know, I'm actually rather shy, especially around new people--it's just that forcing myself to be loud and talky is a pretty good disguise!)

People think I'm a know-it-all. If you get to know me, you learn that I just ask a lot of questions with the intent of learning more, not questioning what someone else is saying. I always feel as though I never know enough. It's frustrating.

Oh, and just for the record, I've never thought were a loud mouth. :)