Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Bookmarks and postcards are here!!!

Earthly Charms did a great job on my postcards and bookmarks. Now I have lots of them to hand out. Want an official The Silver Spoon bookmark or postcard or both? Send me an email! sklemstein@msn.com

If you know other people who might be interested in the book (or just a really nice bookmark), just tell me how many you need and I'd be happy to send them to you. Or, hey, if you can talk the neighborhood bookstore into handing them out in their plastic shopping bags, all the better! : )

The bookmark is great for those who aren't familiar with the book, as it gives the back cover blurb as well as the ISBNs, which you'll need if you order it through a bookstore.

Let's see what else...
-Meg Cabot has a very funny blog today about giving her cat medicine and she brings up something that I thought only I did. She's working on a novel and not telling anyone about it!

-I'm working on coming up with locations for a book launch event, which will probably be taking place the last weekend in August, I think, most likely Saturday, August 28.

So, I'm looking for "place" suggestions in the Chicago area. I was thinking Schaumburg, as that's pretty centrally located, fairly well-known and close to the interstate and 53/290. Does anybody have any suggestions for restaurants? It needs to be someplace that will sort of let us take it over or have a room to rent for a couple of hours. I'm thinking 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Probably appetizers and some kind of drinks. Right now, I'm contemplating Maggiano's, if it's not too expensive. Or, I might move the party to Bloomingdale to Amore Ristorante. It's a small Italian restaurant that does private parties occasionally. I'm also open to any locations (town-wise) you might suggest -- I'm not tied to Bloomingdale or Schaumburg. Send me an email or leave a comment, if you have any ideas. Budget is an issue, so it'll have to be some place relatively reasonable.

That's it for now. Sorry about my gloomy musings the other day. It was a Monday and everyone's entitled to one of those every once in awhile, right?

Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments: