Saturday, June 26, 2004

Greetings from WI

Actually, we're just back from a week in Wisconsin. Boulder Junction to be exact. It was very relaxing, but a little on the cool side. Jeans weather the entire time we were up there. It was nice to spend time with my whole family and the place where we stay, White Birch Village, is beautiful.

Course, I was still working while on vacation : ) One of the reasons I was busy before leaving -- I bought a new computer, a laptop! An act of desperation and impulse buy before vacation so I could keep working. I was a little nervous about the laptop part of it, having used a desktop for so long. But now I love it!!! I love being able to write anywhere at anytime.

What else?
Let's see. I garnered the opportunity for few more book reviews. I will give you the links as soon as they are posted. I also talked to an independent bookseller in Minnequa, WI about carrying my book. That would be especially cool as part of The Silver Spoon takes place up there. In fact, it was a little surreal to be up there (I haven't been in almost ten years), seeing some of the places where Caelan, Zara, Asha, Thane and Namere were. Kind of like expecting to see them walk around the corner -- yeah, I know it sounds crazy, but you guys are used to that from me by now, right?

I just finished Janet Evanovich's Ten Big Ones, which I found to be even better than the last book in her series. Course, I'm a Ranger fan (Joe's a nice guy, but who could pass Ranger over?) and this book is filled with details about him and his life -- still not enough for my taste but what are you going to do? : ) She has to save some for the next book right? I'm sad that it's finished now -- I devoured it in a couple of hours. Now, I have a whole year to wait for another one.

I'm working preparing materials for my online class. I know I still owe you guys a newsletter and I promise, I'm trying to get there.

That's about it for now. Talk to you on Monday!

No comments: