Wednesday, April 12, 2006

RT!

I finally made my flight reservations this week for the Daytona Beach Romantic Times Convention, and I'm getting excited about going! It's like my brain has been too occupied with everything else going on to really think about it. Plus, I was stressing over the very indirect flight I'd have to take to get there (from O'Hare to Atlanta, sit for two or three hours, and then get on a plane from Atlanta to Daytona). Ugh.

But now I've got it all worked out--thanks to the generosity of fellow authors who will be sharing a rental car and/or dropping me off at the airport.

I'm really looking forward to seeing everybody that I met last year--particularly Linnea, Bonnie and Isabo--and meeting a few new authors that I've discovered in the year since. Shanna Swendson is going to be there, as is Megan Crane. I'm hoping to meet both of them and gush embarrassingly about how much I love their books. : )

But, as I discovered last year, sometimes it's hard to find people at the convention. There are literally a thousand or more people milling about, and ninety percent of the time, unless you plan ahead and check the author photo on the book jacket, you have no idea what the person you're looking for looks like.

More later!

No comments: