Thursday, August 10, 2006

Hey, it's me!

MORNINGS MAKE ME STUPID.
Seriously, getting up early is damaging my brain cells or something. Tonight, after running in to Borders to pick up a book (okay, two--I'm so going to have to skip lunch or try to get a freebie for a few days to make that up), I found myself stopping in front of the doors to wait for them to automatically open--you know, like at the grocery store and Target? Only Borders doors don't do that. So, I'm the moron standing in front of doors that require an actual push to move them. I'd have been waiting a long time had my brain not finally kicked in.

READER EMAILS
I got the nicest email yesterday from someone who read my book. It really brightened my evening yesterday and my whole day today. It means so much to get emails like those because sometimes it feels like we're writing in a vacuum ("But it's a little dark inside this here Hoover." Ha, see, I'm getting slaphappy because I should already be sleeping!), entertaining nobody but ourselves. So, next time you finish a book that you really liked and the author lists a web address or email, contact him or her. If only to say "I liked it and keep up the good work." You don't know how crappy a day that person is having and what difference a few little words can make! : )

More later...

: )

No comments: