Wednesday, May 07, 2008

the people in my head

Along the lines of my previous post...this entry from author Marissa Scott cracked me up. I know we all sound a bit looney tunes when we talk about the voices and whispers in our head, but it happens and I think most of us love it...even though those people in your head can be quite demanding. Linnea Sinclair talks about writing Gabriel's Ghost in 34 days because Sully, the hero, just would not leave her alone.

I'll tell you what, though, it's like those old commercials for E.F. Hutton...when they talk, we listen! And take notes, usually...

*grin*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how awesome to see my name here. Hee! It seriously is that bad. They stalk me. They're consuming me. Felicity forced me to sit down and write, yet it was Gabe (Dr. Hottie) who kept me up until 11:30 last night finishing HIS scene. He's so demanding. :-)

It's annoying at times when they persist on and on to write, but it sure is nice not to have to force it.

Leanna Renee Hieber said...

Marissa, Stacey, Linnea, I'm so glad to hear you all speak in these terms, I feel validated. Schizophrenic, but very validated.

(And I am amused and intrigued by a character nicknamed Dr. Hottie)

Stacey said...

Leanna--exactly! Me, too. : )

Marissa--I'm with Leanna on this. Dr. Hottie sounds like a treat, demanding and all!

Isabo Kelly said...

Tag--You're it! LOL. Sorry, Stacey. You can blame Leanna for this. Visit my blog (http://isabokellyrambles.blogspot.com/) to see what you have to do; it's under the post title: I'm "it".

Anne said...

Dr. Hottie = Gabriel Morietti, Ph.D, profiler consultant for the FBI. He's 6' 2", brown hair, brown eyes, broad through the shoulders, and Italian. heh. Felicity's (the heroine) partner, Jennifer calls him Gabe The Babe. Snort.

Stacey said...

Gabe the Babe...I love that! : )