Friday, May 09, 2008

Tagged!

Okay, Isabo Kelly has tagged me with a meme that requires I share six quirky things about myself. This should not be hard...for me. For you as the one who has to read them...not sure!

1) I am afraid of birds. Little birds especially. Sparrows creep me out! It is the one thing I disliked about Hawaii--all the birds in the outdoor restaurants. *shudder* And before you ask, no, I've never seen The Birds. This is a phobia passed down from my mother who once was chased by headless chicken--no lie, she grew up on a farm, and chickens really do run around with their heads chopped off. Since then, birds have always freaked her out, and I "inherited" that phobia.

2) Oh, let's see...this one was just shared at RT--much to my chagrin and everyone else's delight--so probably no harm in spreading the story further. I'm a science fiction romance writer, among other things. That means there are, occasionally, sex scenes in the story. No problem. I just can't write them on Sunday. My father is a Lutheran minister. Sunday is just not appropriate for that kind of writing--at least that's what my panicky little brain keeps shouting at me! So, if I'm approaching a "heated" scene on Saturday night, I have to either hurry up and finish it (*snort*) or hold off until Monday. Yes, I know I'm a freak. (And yes, I have tried to force myself to write it on Sunday...it just doesn't work).

3) Apparently, people are very afraid to borrow books from me. I don't break the spine, fold the pages or even bend back the cover while I'm reading. I've been told that some borrowers have barely resisted the urge to wear gloves while reading a book on loan from me for fear that I'd be upset by the fingerprints on the glossy cover. I'm not that particular, really...those cover smudges clean up very easily with a soft cloth. What?

4) I can't stand it when I take off my shoes and one of them tips over on its side or even upside down. I have to fix it...immediately. This is problem, considering we have two big dogs who are constantly running through the house tipping over my previously perfectly aligned and upright shoes.

5) If there's a disease out there, I've worried that I have it. 'Nuff said.

6) I don't allow people to touch or use my writing computer (which is my desktop, not my laptop...laptop is open territory) except in case of repair. Even then, the keys, mouse and screen must be wiped down. It's not a germ thing, but an "invaded space" thing. Same goes for my pens. It takes me a long time to find pens that I love and want to use regularly. Once I find them, they become my "good pens." I actually carry extra pens in my purse that I can loan out. But if I forget to pack spares, I will lie my little head off if you ask for a pen and the only one I have is my "good one." (Isabo Kelly's promo pen is currently one of my good pens--it's awesome, nice weight to it, good grip, medium nib...love it!)

Now, do I have any friends left after that lovely recitation of weirdness? I'm tagging Lisa Shearin and Cindy Holby (oops, she's already been tagged). : )

1 comment:

Cindy Holby said...

hmm, we've all tagged each other. I think we should tab Isabo again on Monday since its her birthday.