Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Even Danielle Steel, the grande dame of romance novels, is not immune...

 
Atop such lists is a familiar Steel perch. Between 1996 and 2003, Publishers Weekly reports that 16 of her novels were best-sellers, and the Guinness World Records once cited her for having at least one book on the Times list for 390 consecutive weeks.
 
All that strangely doesn't calm her. She may have been writing novels since she was 19, but there's an insecurity that remains untouched, no matter the plaudits.
 
"I still never finish a book without being terrified I can't write another one. I never start one without being terrified I can't finish it," she says. "It's sort of a torturous process."
 
Whew, that makes me feel a lot better! I may well print this quote out and wallpaper my office walls with it. : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently all IMMENSELY TALENTED WRITERS share similarities. Stace, you're in good company! Never doubt your gift!

Stac

Lisa Shearin said...

Hi Stacey!

I saw that article and loved that quote -- it's taped to my computer display. ; )

BTW -- I left a response to your post on my blog.

Lisa