Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Vacation brain

Sorry! I was out of town for most of last week. : ) We went up north to White Birch Village, a resort owned by family friends. Woke up every morning to the sound of the water burbling over the rocks and loons in the distance on the lake. Love the loons! I used the lodge there as the basis for Zara and Caelan's hideout in the northwoods in The Silver Spoon. It's been beautifully redone over the last couple of years and it was quite luxurious to stay there. Though, it does not much resemble the lodge in the story anymore! : ) 
 
Hung out with the fam for a few days, played chicken foot, went shopping in Minocqua, bought fudge at Dan's Fudge shop (mmmm) and bought a fantastic book (The Society of S) when I couldn't get into the library books I'd brought along for the trip. Actually, I nearly passed on the book, but the quote from Charlaine Harris on the front made me think twice. And my sister, who was with me, said it looked good enough to borrow from me. So, I bought it. : ) (No, I'm not capable of thinking for myself, just to clear that up right away.)
 
Fun stuff to read:
Because I was such an absentee author last week, I'll make up for it by pointing you to other cool places to read stuff. : )
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: