Friday, June 20, 2008

Some Roswell Goodness...

Through the course of going through my regular day, I had the delight of speaking with someone who turned out to live in Covina, CA. So what, you say? That's only where they filmed Roswell, my favorite show of all time!
 
I know there are lots of fans out there who've made trips out there to Covina, both when the show was filming and afterward, but I, alas, in Illinois, do not have the funds for such travel. At least, I can't convince my husband that it's necessary or better than a trip to, say, Hawaii.
 
So, it was very cool to speak to this woman and live vicarously through her memories of the show. The bank was the UFO museum. The Christmas episode was filmed in Covina park. A couple of the stars, she didn't say which, walked in the Covina parade one year.
 
I told her of my HUGE Roswell poster, three sets of DVDs, and my framed Life magazine cover--two out of three are hanging on the walls of my home office. She seemed suitably impressed and a little surprised by my devotion to a show that was cancelled over five years ago. I told her, though, that there are lots of us still out here, as devoted as ever. : )
 
Just thought I'd share...It's as close to a brush with Roswell fame that I'm going to get, I'm guessing! : )
 
 

2 comments:

Isabelle Santiago said...

HA! Amazing. I'm absolutely living vicariously through you right now, as you live through her. :)

I would have loved to visit Covina. *sigh* Maybe one day.

Stacey said...

I hope to visit one day, too. We've been to CA several times, but always the wrong part of the state! : )