Monday, November 14, 2005

Holiday Book Bash--Clothing Advice Needed!

So you know I'm one of the authors at this big event on Thursday, and I'm having a major girl moment here. I don't know what to wear. I've been told "business dress (after work) or dressy casual." But I don't know what that means exactly. Being one of the few fiction writers there and not a famous journalist (as most of the other authors are), I really don't want to stand out in a bad way, you know? I don't want to go over the top, but I also don't want to look like a slob.

I've got a black cocktail dress (always makes me think of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman when I use this phrase), but I would never wear this to work. Ever. I have a nice pink sweater and black pants that I wore to the reading at Twilight Tales last winter. But that doesn't seem dressy enough.

Any suggestions on what dressy casual might mean in terms of specific wardrobe pieces? I'm not opposed to buying a new outfit. I just don't know what to buy!

No comments: