Friday, September 26, 2008

Recognizing the supreme awesomeness of this exact moment in time...

Okay, I know this won't make sense to most you out there (except Stacy G. because she knows me all too well), but today I had one of those (incredibly rare) moments where I actually recognize the supreme awesomeness of what has happened in the last six months and get a bit giddy over it.
 
After five years of off and on again querying, I found a fabulous agent who loved and believed in my book enough to sign me!
 
Laura Bradford, said fabulous agent, sold my YA book to Hyperion to an editor who really seems to like it!
 
After ten or so years of off and on again trying, I will be New York published. Very cool.
 
And here's the best part: I get to write more YA...and likely get paid for it!
 
For those who think I might be glorying in this a bit too much, let me tell you...writers, in general, can be a rather morose and anxiety-driven bunch. I mean, there's a reason we're driven to create whole other worlds into which we can escape. I'm not just worst-case-scenario girl, I'm the awake-at-three-am-calculating-the-odds-that-my-weird-stomach-pain-is-the-Ebola-virus girl. My glass is not only half empty, but it has a serious and fatal leak somewhere (probably).
 
So, I'm celebrating this EXACT moment and the joy that it brings me in defiance of all that I am normally. (Trust me, it's only a momentary blip, and all too soon, we'll be back to our regularly scheduled programming of sweaty panic attacks and general gnashing of teeth.)
 
: )  
 
 

5 comments:

phule said...

And celebrate you should! It's so wonderful that you're writing career is taking off, after all your effort and hard work. That must be so very rewarding.

Supreme Awesomeness with extra Pepperoni please!

Stacey said...

Thank you!!!!! : )

Anonymous said...

Stace -- living in the moment has its perks, eh? :)

Stac

Bonnie Vanak said...

Stacey, I'm finally off deadline (a perpetual wave, it seems, this year) and had to pop in to say CONGRATULATIONS! I've been meaning to email (lost your addy) and tell you how proud I am of you, and thrilled.

From the moment I read The Silver Spoon, I said to myself, "This lady has talent!" I'm so glad that NY finally saw and recognized this!

You go girl!

Live in the moment and many, many more!

hugs
Bonnie

Stacey said...

Hi Bonnie!!!

Thank you. : ) I appreciate the vote of confidence. I really can barely believe it's happened myself.

Will I see you in Orlando at RT? Hope so. Last year was kind of crazy and we didn't get a chance to hang out much.

:) Stacey