Monday, September 08, 2008

Fall has kicked me to ground and trod upon my head

I love fall. We're heading in to my favorite time of year. Crisp leaves, cool air, bright sunshine in an impossibly blue sky. Unfortunately, I seem to forget that, every few years, the season change kicks my a**.

 

Allergies and sinus issues run rampant in my family (A dentist, after reviewing my x-rays, said I had the largest sinuses she'd ever seen--gee, thanks?) and the second the weather changes and the barometric pressure shifts one way or another, I'm down and out for the count.

 

It's not every year, so it probably has something to do with the mold count or how fast the changes happen or something.

 

I've spent the last week with a splitting headache on the right side of my face, above and below my eye. Ugh. I laid around all weekend with tissues and over the counter medicine, hoping to knock this thing out. And I woke up this morning to find the pain gone…

 

Unfortunately, it had only relocated to the left side of my face.

 

*sigh*

 

I do not have time for this!

 

I'm teaching my first class at the College of Lake County this week on Thursday, and I'm still prepping my materials. I'm trying to make some forward progress on my very stubborn sequel to G&G. And I'm planning to spend the weekend at my friend and mentor, Linnea Sinclair's, house.

 

I cannot be on sinus medicine while I'm visiting Linnea--I will miss out on the Cosmos and that is simply not acceptable. : )  

 

So come on, head, hurry up and STOP hurting already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, I am down for the count as well... although I have a feeling mine has more to do with slip 'n' sliding in 40 degree weather than allergies :) yay college