Tuesday, June 06, 2006

It's aliiiiive!

Sorry, I know it's been forever. The last week, though, has been one for the record books. : ) Last Wednesday was my last day at my day job. The same job I've held for the last seven (almost) years. So it's been a bit of an emotional roller coaster. No matter what else was happening at work, I loved so many of the people I worked with. I was fortunate enough to work with some awesome writers, designers and just all around good people.

Now I'm trying to get used to working at home. The hardest thing so far has been the scheduling thing. Balancing my fiction writing with my freelance efforts. But I'm sure it will get better as I get used to it. Plus, my sister is visiting this week, so I'm trying not to work the whole time as that wouldn't be much fun for either of us!

I've got my laptop all connected to the internet, my music successfully transferred from my work pc to home, and I'm working hard on fixing my plot problems in the mystery manuscript. I'm trying to remember that this is like starting a new job. It will take me some time to learn the new ways that work the best and then I'll better be able to balance everything.

Fun book stuff...
I just discovered a great trilogy of sci-fi books. They're intended for young adults, but I thoroughly enjoyed them.

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
Pretties by Scott Westerfeld
Specials by Scott Westerfeld

No comments: