Friday, June 30, 2006

Friday. Wow.

So far, I'm really sucking with the whole blogging on a regular basis thing. I think it's because I'm busy during the day and then when I'm done, the last thing I want to do is sit at the computer again. So maybe I'll need to try writing entries in the morning.

Anyway, all is well at the Klemstein household this week. I gobbled up Janet Evanovich's Twelve Sharp (Becky, I got Greg to buy it for me as payment for sitting at his open house!) and Laurell K. Hamilton's Danse Macabre. Hee. Here's a funny story that reminds me of. When I was a kid, I always read far more than I spoke to people, so my vocabulary often outpaced by pronunciation. Macabre is another of those words (like lingerie and facade) that I butchered mercilessly. Think "ma-ka-bree." Yeah. I still have trouble with the word "grotesque." I keep wanting to say "gro-steek" instead, which is wrong in all kinds of ways!

Not much on the book front. I've been working and reworking the mystery project, based on some feedback I got, and honestly, I'm so sick of it right now, I could almost ditch it completely without any regrets. Almost. It's that damn almost that keeps driving me back to the keyboard. I love two of the characters in the story. And I can't let go of them even though I can't seem to wrestle the rest of the story in place. So...blame them if I'm crabby! : )

Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments: