Friday, June 23, 2006

Still here!

It's taking me awhile to get the hang of this working from home. I'm slowly finding a schedule that works for me, but I haven't quite figured out where blogging fits in, obviously! If I do it as a break from working, I'm afraid I'll get too distracted. When I'm done working for the day, the last thing I want to do is sit in front of the computer. So, that's one more thing to be figured out.

Things I have learned this week:

-My grand plans of exercising every day now that I set my own schedule have gone out the window. Yeah, that's another part of the schedule to work out.

-I still work better in terms of my writing if I get up in the morning and do that first. I have been really enjoying the ability to keep going when I'm on a roll instead of having to stop when I need to leave for work.

-The chair at my desk upstairs (my freelance area) is really freaking uncomfortable.

-If/when I have kids, Keanu Reeves would be a great labor coach. I'm using Speed as an example in the class I'm going to be teaching at Writers Institute in July, and in watching the movie again, I loved how calm he was when the bus was running out of gas or jumping over the 50 ft. gap in the freeway or partially blowing up. What's a baby compared to that!?! So, Keanu, be on the look out for my email reserving your services for a future date, okay? : )

That's enough for now. I've been on the computer here for HOURS and my eyes are starting to bug out. Or maybe that's from thinking about Keanu. Not sure. : )

Tomorrow--sorry for the short notice--please join me and a whole bunch of other fantastic authors at the second annual AuthorFest at the Schaumburg Library at 10:00 a.m. Come listen to panels, buy books and ask questions! Would love to see you there. : )

No comments: