Wednesday, May 19, 2004

A dilemma...

So, I really should be sleeping right now...or packing. But instead I'm staying up and not packing (a real sacrifice, I'm telling you) because I wanted to see what you guys think of something.

I'm being neurotic again. I'll wait a moment for you all to gasp in surprise. : ) And it's not over a big thing or anything.

I have my choice of two rooms at the new house for my writing room. I thought I had it all figured out months ago. One of them gets a great deal of sunlight from the west, yea! You'll remember my whole thing about needing to face west. Well, the room doesn't exactly face west, but it's close and if I angle my desk just right, I get all the glorious sunshine I want. But here's the catch. It faces the neighbor's house. Like, I look out my window and into his window. Ick. Not like it's an important window or anything, I think it's just the hallway, but still, I don't like that. Talk about no view. It's sort of a claustrophobic feeling. This room is also the smallest bedroom, which means probably not enough room for a chaise lounge or big, comfy chair either. Plus, it's the middle room of the three bedrooms, which means if we have kids and if we have two of them, their rooms will be on either side. Now, I know, I'm reaching a little to be worried about noise from as yet non existent children. But that's me. I borrow trouble way in advance : )

My other room choice faces the front of the house, has lots of windows and is a much bigger room. The problem with that room is that it doesn't have the whole western/sunlight thing happening as much. Also, it's bigger than the middle room, so am I a horrible future mother for taking a larger room for my office and leaving my second, as yet non-existent child to the smallest bedroom in the house?

Please don't read this as grumbling about rooms because I know I'm very, very lucky to have the dedicated space for my writing. But I just want to make a good choice (while we have large, strong moving men to put the furniture in place for us and not later when Greg and I are sweating and scraping up the walls to try to move things around) and logic is escaping me on this one.

Okay, after reading back what I wrote, I think I know what I should do. But I'm still curious to hear what you guys think. Let me know : ) And again, I know I'm lucky to even have the choice, but if you know me, you know that I worry over just about everything, including the privileges I've been fortunate enough to receive in life!

Talk to you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stace -- you realize you need help, don't you? : ) My opinion? Take the bigger room, with the better view -- you've earned it. And I have a hunch that the view from the bigger room will be a lot more inspirational than the view from the "westish-facing" room (siding and a window?). You can always change things up in a few years if you have more than one child and the guilt over placing said child (who I doubt will need that much space, at least not for about 10 years) in the smallest bedroom is truly getting to you. For now, it's just you and Greg. So quit worrying about "what if" and "could possibly" and live in the here & now. Big comfy chairs rule! Lol...SG.

Eddie said...

I love it when my services are volunteered without my knowledge :)

Anonymous said...

Go for the big room, but never ever tell your children that you considered giving them the bog room or you'll never hear the end of it. :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, for some reason it's not allowing me to log on as me. But just wanted to say, thanks you guys! I think you've convinced me : )