Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Woohoo!

So, I think, thanks to Ed's genius!, we've got comments finally working correctly, so please comment away so we test that theory!!!

I know, I should have posted yesterday or heck, even Friday, but I have an excuse. Aside from being sick with a cold, yet again darn it, I'm overwhelmed by guilt of not filling boxes. Not quite enough to get me moving on them, but enough to make me feel guilty about doing anything else. : ) All those of you out there who know me are wincing at the thought of those poor movers who are going to arrive to an unprepared house...but seriously, I am trying to get things done so that won't happen.

In other news, relating to the woohoo title, my morning project is finally finished!!! At least the first draft, so yea!!! That means I can at least tell you a little about it. It's the second book in the Rennie Harlow series, my mystery series. I started it way back in January/February before I knew The Silver Spoon had been accepted. So, I had to finish this before I could move on to anything else.

So, here's my best shot at giving you a rough back cover blurb of the book. Keep in mind, this definitely has not been refined. It's also, for those of who read the first one, a much darker story than Bitter Pill.

Sleep Tight, A Rennie Harlow Mystery.
Rennie's life finally seems to be getting back on track. She's moved out of her garage apartment into a huge old house, one filled with junk from the former owner. She has a boyfriend, sort of...at least her mother thinks so. And her plan to avoid the very married Sheriff Bristol seems to be working. That is, until Rennie discovers the mummified body of an male infant in her attic. The baby was wrapped in plastic and hidden in a trunk for more than a decade. And no one seems to know how he got there.

Rennie is determined to find the child's identity and the person responsible for the death of the defenseless innocent. Her unofficial investigation leads her through a tangled maze of former cheerleaders (including the Sheriff's wife), teenage pregnancy, secret societies and forbidden love. Not to mention a kiss that may change everything...

Okay, so that's it. As I said before, feel free to comment so we can test the system : )

Talk to you tomorrow!


2 comments:

Eddie said...

Guess that means I should get to reading the first one doesnt it :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll have to ask Eddie about getting a name on this account too. I thought I could just post but I believe I need to open a blogger account. I'll wait until later tonight because I don't want to wake my sleeping husband. Flextime is a wonderful thing for him and frustrating at the same time for me - only at times though...

Anyway... Awesome Stacey! The blurb intrigues me. You have one person that wants to read it if and when you want me to. You must feel great to have this project done before your move. :)

On a related note. I can't wait to see your name in print this summer for The Silver Spoon!