Monday, May 31, 2004

We're heeere.

We're in the new house. But it's been a giant freakin' nightmare getting to this point. The house is beautiful. Except for the water in the basement (the ejecter pump wasn't working so the washer spewed water all over the floor), the lukewarm water in the master shower and the garage doors the won't lock, etc. Plus, I took the bigger room, that was a huge debate once I got here, and logically it is the right choice, but I feel guilty and now I'm stressing, thinking I should somehow switch back. Except my husband had the guy from direct tv out here already and wired the other room (the very first morning we were here, so I had about an hour to decide what I was doing, not like I could have been deciding for the months leading up to that point, of course), so he won't be happy if I switch now. My husband, not the direct tv guy.

AAAUUUGGHH! So, I think I just need to get used to this room and see how it goes. Plus, things are now really moving on The Silver Spoon getting published. So, I don't really have time to waste thinking and worrying about stupid stuff like feeling guilty over a room!

Okay, I feel a little calmer now. : )

Talk to you tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stace -- Quit worrying about the room, you goofball. I swear, you'd invent something to worry about if the opportunity ever presented itself (meaning you ran out of "exising things in my life that I can possibly worry about" to, well, worry about). Just enjoy unpacking and getting settled. Because soon enough, you'll be back at work, and then you'll have really real things to worry about...or just get generally annoyed about : )

Your house is beautiful. Congrats again! And remember, the answer to any question in life is invariably "Apocolypse Now" or "Saturday Night Fever" ; )

SG

Anonymous said...

For some reason, this darn thing never lets me comment as myself. But this is Stacey. And yep, you're right, moving is a pain in the @$$. But actually, having been in the new, bigger room for a couple of days now, I'm pretty happy with it. Getting used to it. I wouldn't have been happy in the smaller room. The guy's house next door is really going up fast and that would have blocked my view of anything else outside when I sat at my desk.

No, no built-ins. But I'm kind of weird about my writing space anyway (as if you haven't guessed this already!) I don't usually keep books by other people, novels specifically, in the room with me, for fear that I'll either get intimidated or accidentally steal an idea! So, the only books I have in the room, besides manuscripts, are the dictionary, thesaurus, and a few writing books. So there isn't really a need for built ins, I've got a couple of little shelves in there and that seems to be just fine. I would like to have some built ins in the other bedroom so that I do have a place to keep all my books. But first, in terms of expenses, I want blinds on the important windows and a fence! : )

--Stacey