Tuesday, May 11, 2004

No more comfort food for the mind.

A couple things going on today...
First, check out the slightly revised look of this blog. My profile is now to the left, if you should want to read it. I still need to figure out how to attach a picture. I'm so not the techy person as you all know. Plus, with this upgrade, you should be able to post comments. Though my web expert, Ed, tells me that for some reason comments aren't showing up right away. So, don't panic if you don't see your comment right away...like you would panic over that : )

And second, (I know I'm a little late with this, but I'm trying!)I wanted to talk about the Friends Finale. It was an okay episode, but it was sad because it was the end of an era. Friends came on when I was in college, in the middle of creating my own circle of friends. And while I haven't watched the new episodes as frequently as I once had in the past, I'm sad that there will be no more new ones. But it will live in syndication forever, probably. So we have that at least. Friends is the show I watch when I'm home sick or trying to go to sleep. It's comfortable, not scary, usually not sad and there's almost always at least one line in there that will get me to laugh no matter how many times I've seen the episode ("Could I be wearing any more clothes?"). It's like french fries. Sometimes when you're feeling down, having a bad day, you need some hot, right out of the fryer, fries. Friends is the same thing, comfort viewing.

On the good news side of things, I think I'm making some progress on my evening project (I've been sneaking in some extra time in somewhere I shouldn't...I'll let you figure that out). And my morning project is, I hope, nearly finished! So, once that's done, one, I'll be able to tell you what it is, and two, I'll move my evening project to the morning to get some more time in on it. I hope to finish up my morning project this week...that being said, I could hit a snag and it could end up being later. But here's hoping!

Talk to you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just testing out the comment system!
Stacey