Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Funny man : )

Last night, my husband was in charge of dinner. He came home with bags of Chinese food and announced, "We're eating O.C.-style." Which cracked me up. On The O.C., the Cohen family never has a home-cooked meal. They're forever ordering in Chinese, Thai or something else for dinner. It's a running joke on the show that the mother, Kirsten, can't cook and shouldn't be allowed to try because of how poorly her previous attempts have turned out. One thing I do like about that show, despite the decline in it overall, is that they do not present the mother as super human, super woman. She's a good mom and a corporate exec (and now an alcoholic, this season...it is, after all, a soap opera), but she doesn't also whip out perfect dinners and cocktail parties for seven hundred. They order in, and they have caterers. I like that. I wish I could have a caterer. Full-time. : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you just want them cause you know you need them! lol jkjk!!!!

love your darling sister