Monday, September 12, 2005

The Positive

I’ve read in several places today that in order to combat the grief and stress of everything that’s going on, we should remember to concentrate on the positive things. I agree. I also need to stop reading all the news stories with pictures from New Orleans, at least temporarily. Now that most of the people are out, they keep showing pictures of all the animals that are dying and starving, and I can’t take it.

So, in the spirit of concentrating on the positive, here are a few good things that have happened recently:

-We’ve completely moved out of the old house. We turned over the keys last night and we are officially done! I think part of my problem with moving is that I see it as a sprint and really, it’s a marathon. A very, very long, backbreaking marathon.

-My new writing room is very cool and peaceful. I have a view into the beautifully landscaped (not by us) front yard with some flowers coming up and some decorative prairie grass. If and when we ever find the digital camera, perhaps I’ll take some pictures.

-Just in general, I really like the new house. Our furniture looks good in there, which sort of surprised me, given that we were moving in from a very different style of house. I feel good about coming home…it feels very private and hidden away.

-I got three pages of writing done this morning before leaving for work. Yea!

How about you? What are the positive things going on for you?

2 comments:

Pat Kirby said...

Well, you asked...
I'm more than two-thirds through current novel project and writing between 500-1000 words a day.

Got on Nikster the wonder horse's back and didn't get launched to the moon.

And it's gorgeous day [girly-squee]. Warm, not hot, blue skies, sunflowers and the smell of roasting green chile in the air (a New Mexican thing).

Your new house is sooo cute!

Stacey said...

"writing between 500-1000 words a day."

Oh! I'm so jealous and you're totally making me look like a slacker! : )

Thanks for what you said about the new house--I really am happy with it. For now, at least, until something big breaks. *grin*