Friday, September 23, 2005

Just a reminder...

If you're in the Round Lake area, stop the Round Lake Area Library tomorrow from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. I'll be giving a talk about writing and answering questions...at least to the best of my ability...about that same topic. The library is located at 906 Hart Road, Round Lake, Illinois, 60073.

I'm going to try to plow through more of the mystery project outline this weekend and, of course, my sequel. My self-imposed deadline is two weeks away. I haven't made nearly as much progress as I should have. But that's part of what happens with an aggressive timeline. It's meant to egg you on. I wouldn't have made nearly as much progress without it. I'm in the 270 page range for the sequel and nearly 20 pages in for the outline, which will probably be about 100, I'd guess. This is not the kind of outline you turn into an agent or publisher, by the way. They'd probably toss the whole submission in the garbage if you sent a 100 page outline. This is meant for me to see how all the plot threads come together (or don't) and to help me see where scenes might still be needed without having to write draft after draft. We'll see if this method helps.

As for the sequel, I had a major epiphany the other night--something I think Zara's been trying to tell me from the beginning--which will, unfortunately, affect a lot of what I've written prior to this point. However, I don't think it will add much time to the rewrite/revision process even though it's a fairly significant change. I was halfway there anyway, just couldn't quite figure it out. This will help tighten things up, I think, and make it a better story.

Have a good weekend everybody! 14 days and counting till my deadline : )

No comments: