Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Yesterday

Sorry, I missed yesterday. Well, not the whole day, though that probably would have been better. But you know what I mean. I went home early with a very bad headache. I hate headaches. I'd rather throw up than have a headache because at least after doing that you usually feel marginally better right away. And this was the kind of headache that hurts so badly that your stomach starts to feel sick. Ick.

This weekend, I got ten pages done on the sequel. Yea! I can usually write more on a weekend if it's a first draft, but this is a third draft and considerably harder for me because of it. I also got three more scenes in my outline for the mystery project. And this morning, believe it or not, three pages BEFORE WORK in the sequel. I'm so proud of myself. I pushed myself to get up earlier (a little bit) and it worked! So, I'll be trying that again tomorrow morning.

Random note: Yesterday on the way to work I was stuck behind a dump truck with the following phrase stenciled on the back: "Will 'chute' my load for dollar$." I swear to you, I couldn't make these things up. I need a digital camera for photographic evidence. I didn't know whether to be disgusted or laugh or both.

Huge thanks to Stacy G. for coming up with a variety of names for the staffing company that will be in the mystery project. They're hysterical and perfect. I can't wait for you guys to see them...and the whole book, for that matter.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Headache is better today, thanks : )

No news from RuneStone as yet. I suspect that they are waiting to read the entire book before making a decision. Which is fine. I'm writing it either way, so it doesn't really matter. In fact, I don't have a firm deadline on this one, which has probably both helped and hindered me. Helped in that it has kept the pressure off, but hindered in that I may have dawdled a little longer than I should have. Letting myself off the hook with too few pages written per day.

I have the feeling that if they decide to take the second book and they're interested in the third, I'll probably end up getting a deadline to work toward. *gulp*

I have some ideas for book three, but nothing that is ready to be started yet!