Friday, January 06, 2006

Dear fellow commuter,

Hey you, in the silver Toyota? You owe me big. You were driving like a jackass this morning, as I'm sure you're already aware. And yeah, I know it pissed you off when I moved into your lane to prepare for my turn and to get around the slow moving trucks. But did you really need to tailgate me? I was already going 42 in a 35. You wanted to go 50? Too bad. I have learned the very hard and expensive way about speeding more than seven miles over the limit. Unfortunately, my (relatively) cautious driving saved your butt. You jerked into the other lane as soon as the even slower guy got out of the way, but you had to slow down some to do so. Not enough, though. That cop that came whipping around the corner at the intersection? He was totally after you. But you, in the luckiest moment ever, caught sight of him and slowed down just in time. If I hadn't been in front of you, you would have been cruising through that intersection at 50+. And you'd have gotten what you deserved...

I don't care if you speed. I don't. Just don't endanger everyone around you when you do it by riding five inches off someone's bumper. Jackass.

Love,
Stacey

No comments: