Monday, January 09, 2006

Sun motivation

It's so much easier to get stuff done when the sun is shining. When the skies are all gray and cold, I just want to curl up on the couch and sleep. I think I must have been something that hibernated in a previous life : )

This weekend, during that brief time of sunshine, I cleaned up part of the yard--dog mess, you know--folded two loads of laundry, and mopped the utility room floor. I also got very brave and emailed my Bitter Pill manuscript to a fellow author and friend (I'm not going to mention her name in this respect unless she's okay with it) because I don't know what to do with it and I very much respect her writing and her opinion. It's always scary sending out something you love that much because you know that the truth, even when spoken kindly, might hurt. : ) But it's time to be brave and make some progress. Either fix it or move on. No more noodling it about.

Speaking of which, I also sent the sequel manuscript to a couple of first readers. So, I'll be holding my breath to hear what they think!

I have an eye doctor appointment tomorrow, so I doubt there'll be a blog. I doubt if I'll be able to even see the computer by the time they're done dilating my eyes. *shudder* I hate that so much. Not being able to see makes me feel helpless and scared. And it never, ever wears off in an hour like they say it will. Ugh.

2 comments:

phule said...

Good luck on the eye appointment. And a belated congrats on finishing the manuscript!!

Stacey said...

Thank you! : )