Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I am a head case...not that you're surprised.

I got a little nibble on a query yesterday, which excited me, of course. So I immediately made all the necessary arrangements to respond accordingly. This requires hours of overanalzying every word in a letter that is probably only three sentences long. At which point, I must then freak out about everything ranging from the sturdiness of my envelope ("What if it rips before arriving to its destination?"), my signature on the letter ("Does it look too wobbly, like I was drunk?") and checking three times to make sure all materials are enclosed before sealing the envelope. This resulted in me leaving the post office (after handing over my package to a slightly worried looking woman who appeared to be a little freaked out by the chick who didn't seem to want to surrender her package--me!), fairly certain that I'd put everything in except the very important self-addressed stamped envelope required for a reply. I called my husband twice while the poor man was in the shower demanding that he check the area around the dining room table to make sure that the SASE (as they're called) hadn't slipped unnoticed out of my hands and onto the floor when I was checking my package for the fourth, obssessive compulsive time. He was not happy.

But it's sent now and we'll just have to see what happens. : )

Incidentally, I did check the area around the dining room table and found it SASE-free, so hopefully that means it made it into the big envelope!

P.S. Hi Susan, if you're out surfing the web when you're supposed to be studying! : )

3 comments:

Eddie said...

What if the envelope was knocked off the table by a gust of wind and the doggies ate it?

Just doing my part to help you get through the day! :)

Stacey said...

Are you trying to push me over the edge? Seriously?

*grin*

(um, also, I actually bent down and checked the carpet under the table even on the opposite side because of those random jet streams that flow through my house.)

Anonymous said...

Hey stace!!! of course I'm surfing instead of studying!!! ed your odd but thats ok stacey still loves you!!! lol I'm so Bored!!!! We have 7 minutes left!!! will this class never end? ok my teacher is approaching (i can almost hear the jaws theme music!!) g2g or will get busted.
~love susan