Thursday, March 30, 2006

Want ten minutes of good clean fun?

UPDATED:
Don't feed dogs grapes. After all the food warnings I've heard and obeyed(no onions because it causes anemia, no chocolate, etc.), this is a new one. So thank you to my Aunt Lynne for her comment. My vet assures me that a couple of grapes every now and then isn't going to hurt anything, but it can cause problems if they're given on a large scale. We will be putting a stop to the grape game immediately. *cringe* Oh, I'm a bad dog mommy! I had no idea, I swear...

*******
Put a grape on the floor for one smart female greyhound. The lack of pursable lips made it harder for her to get it off the floor (no hands, ma!), but she managed...after pushing it halfway around the kitchen with her snout. Which means it was probably a grape with a liberal coating of crumbs and dog hair. But she loved it, and she's learned a new word--she now comes running whenever I mention grapes, which isn't all that often fortunately. A seventy pound dog barreling into the kitchen on slippery ceramic tiles is definitely something to flinch at.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think dogs can eat grapes or raisins because they can cause renal failure. You might want to check with your veterinarian to make sure.

Stacey said...

Yep, Aunt Lynne, you're absolutely right. I just checked with our vet and she said every once in awhile isn't going to hurt anything, esp. for Snostorm's size, but it's not a good idea. So thank you for letting me know!

In fact, I think I'm going to take the post down, just so nobody else does what I did!

Pat Kirby said...

Greyhound have a hard time scooping things off the floor because their noses often stick out so far beyond their snouts. My hound has a heck of a time picking things off the floor.

My first greyhound love banana peels. Yep, banana peels. Weird.

Stacey said...

Banana peels?!? Huh.