Thursday, March 02, 2006

Mrs. Darcy!

Stopped by the video store last night after they didn't have a single copy of Pride & Prejudice in on Tuesday night. They were still all out! But then the manager saw my obvious distress and went to the drop-off box outside and found a single copy. And oh, my, it was soooooooo good. I was a little reluctant to see it when it came out in theaters as I was (and still am) a huge fan of the A&E version with Colin Firth. But this one is good. Really, really good. As in, "I'm stopping by Target tonight on my home to buy my own copy" good. That last scene...I get chills just thinking about it. Keira Knightly did a terrific job. And I loved the way they show so much more of the Bennet family. As I said to someone else today, living back then probably sucked what with the much shorter life span and no feminism to speak of, but it might have been worth it to be married to Mr. Darcy and live in Pemberly. : )

Walk the Line is also an excellent movie. I can see why it received so many nominations. Not one I'm going to own, but it's definitely worth renting.

A short entry today as I'm swamped at work and I'm still preparing materials for the class I'm teaching on Saturday at the Arlington Heights Memorial Library, Building A Believable World. I'm excited, but just a little overwhelmed at the moment with my "to do" list.

No comments: