Thursday, February 05, 2004

Good news! My creative writing class has been picked up by the Bloomingdale Park District. I will be teaching a 6-week session, starting Tuesday, June 15, 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm.

We'll be covering the basics of short story and novel writing, including topics like dialogue, plot, creating believable characters, and more. Tell anyone you think might be interested. The cost is $50 for residents and I think $55 for non-residents. The class will be listed at www.bloomingdaleparks.org once the new catalogue comes out in April. Email me with questions.

I'm thinking of testing out some lesson plans here. Posting some exercises or discussion topics. If anyone's interested in being a guinea pig, let me know or feel free to play along at home.

Class assignment still isn't done. Too much going on at work today to squeeze it in.

Another fun website for you to try. www.starfreighter.com Linnea Sinclair is a sci-fi romance author like me, but she writes these great space operas. For those who haven't heard the term, Star Wars is considered a space opera. Good guys vs. bad guys in space ships, usually. But her attention to detail is phenomenal and she's really into the "world" she has created. Goes to my theory that all good writers live in their own universe, most of the time : ) They have to in order to do the job well!

Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments: