Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Okay, I've been waiting a whole week to make this announcement, just to be sure that everything worked out okay and it has...so here it is!

I've gotten an offer for my book, The Silver Spoon! I'm so excited. RuneStone Publishing, www.runestonepublishing.com a new publishing company has chosen my book to be one of their first books published. The funniest thing is the way I found out, or rather, just how it unfolded.

I came home from another long day in corporate America, let the dogs out and checked my phone messages. I had one new message and absolutely no inkling, feeling or psychic notion telling me that it would be something important. It sounds stupid now, but I'm telling you, that's what you think when you've been sending your book out. You think, "I'll just know when I get the call."

But of course, that's not how it happened. I played the message, and an unfamiliar voice, female, said my name. I almost started to tune it out, assuming that it was our vet calling back to confirm Snostorm's appointment. But then she said the magic words, her name, RuneStone Publishing and The Silver Spoon.

I jumped up and down, shrieking for probably the first five minutes, until my dogs began to hide from me. Then I checked my email and as promised, the offer and contract were there. My first impulse was to right then and there call everyone I ever knew, especially those who'd been so supportive of my dream, and tell them. But I waited, read the contract, asked a professor friend to read it over for me. Just wanting to make sure it was real and really going to happen. And now that everything is just about finalized, I feel I can share it with everyone.

The Silver Spoon is going to be published! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!

Tomorrow...all my thank yous and more details on when you'll actually see the book...with my name on it!

Talk to you tomorrow!



No comments: