Tuesday, February 17, 2004

I feel compelled by the volume of email I received to create an addendum to Saturday's favorite fictional couples list. So here goes, again in no particular order:
1. Sydney Bristow and Michael Vaughn (Alias): Submitted by Susan B. Have to tell you I considered them, but I think they were more interesting before he married his evil fictional wife, Lauren.

2. Morticia and Gomez Addams (The Addams Family): We can thank Ed's Blog for this out of left field suggestion. But I have to admit he's right. I loved when Gomez would kiss up Morticia's arm: "I love it when you speak French, Tish." But was she actually speaking French? It's been so long, I can't remember. Ed, let me know if you remember.

3. Willow and Tara (Buffy the Vampire Slayer): Courtesy of Stacy G. I would say Willow and Tara are one of the first pretty openly accepted lesbian couples on television, definitely on the WB, for sure.

4. Indiana Jones and Marion (Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark): Also Stacy G's idea. Marion is definitely the best female character in all three IJ movies. "Indy, the torch is going out!" Way more spunky than Kate Capshaw's character in Temple of Doom. And eew, need I mention the German woman in the third movie? Father and son *shudder* Not even for Sean Connery.

5. Sam and Jack (Without a Trace): Stacy G. once more. You know, I'm all about forbidden and hidden love, but this is so hidden that you could watch like half a season and not even realize that something used to go on between them.

6. Harry and Sally (When Harry Met Sally): Stacy G. again with the couple-y thing. And I do love when Harry Met Sally, but they spend so much of the movie not being romantic with each other that it's hard to vote them as one of my favorites, though I think Billy Crystal is hysterical. But who doesn't, right? : )

Okay, Stacy G.also had a good idea (she is the source of all of them, you know!) to have a list for the worst fictional couples. The ones that looked forced together, where you're asking, "What were the writers thinking?" So, I'll list a few, but you guys write me, sklemstein@msn.com, with your suggestions!

1. Horatio Caine and Kim Delaney's ill-fated character on CSI Miami: I mean, seriously are there any two people/characters with less chemistry? It was horrible just trying to sit through an episode. I flinched every time they were on screen together.

2. Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker (Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back): Eeew. Incest much? Fortunately that all seemed to stop once he figured out that was his SISTER he was kissing!

3. Ben Affleck and J. Lo's characters from Gigli: Stacy G. again. I have to admit that I haven't seen this movie. Can't even part with the $3.95 to rent it. But if all that has been said is true, I would say they deserve to be on this list.

4....Email me with your suggestions. sklemstein@msn.com

Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments: