Thursday, April 22, 2004

And the ideas just come rolling in...

Wow. Thanks you guys! I've gotten way more suggestions than I ever imagined. And some very cool ones at that. Here's a quick sampling:

GalaxSHE: Candyass heroines need not apply.

Cans open. Worms everywhere.

The Write thing.

I need to do some thinking on this. But man, all of you should be starting your own newsletters. You already have ideas for the hardest part -- a cool title!

Meanwhile, my IPod fever has abated slightly. My computer completely froze up again this morning. It does this now about twice a week when I'm trying to save to disk. So, I have the feeling I'm heading the route of a new computer. Though probably not until we move into the new house, which isn't for another few weeks. So, hopefully my computer will stick with me just a little longer. "Hear me baby? Hold together." Can anyone name the movie? : )

Sorry, I love quoting lines from movies, as most of you probably know. I know that's typically an annoying guy trait, but I can't help myself! Give me any line in Ghostbusters, I can give you the rest of the conversation. Hint: the movie line quoted in today's blog is not from Ghostbusters, if that helps.

One more thing...the brochure for the University of Wisconsin-Madison's Writer's Institute is up and online. I'll give you the link. This is an awesome writer's conference. The professors and faculty who run it do an excellent job in lining up useful programs and speakers. Plus, they're so helpful. When I got my contract from RuneStone earlier this year, I contacted one of the professors at UW-Madison and he looked it over for me and made sure everything was okay. So, if you're looking for a writer's conference, this is a great one, definitely worth the money. It's also pretty reasonable cost-wise, which helps.

If anyone is interested in going but has questions, let me know. I'd be happy to share any info I have. This is my third year going. My first year, I entered the first page of The Silver Spoon and won third place in their Poem or Page contest. So definitely plan on entering the contest if you have something that fits the categories they offer. It's a fun and non-threatening environment to get your feet wet on sending stuff out.

Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments: