Wednesday, April 21, 2004

"Tell him about the Twinkie."

That's my favorite line from a movie. Ghostbusters, of course. And one of the names that I'm considering (sort of) for the newsletter. Stacy G. has also provided a list of excellent alternatives. Send me your thoughts...Also, I'm a little scared that someone might read "twinkie" as some sort of double entendre, if you get my drift.

Obsession:
Okay, I'm including this, mainly to show what a freak I can be. Something I'm sure you wanted to know : ) As you probably remember, I've been complaining about needing a new computer for weeks. This one is slowing down on saving and retrieving documents. It's five years old, so not entirely unexpected. So, I've been trying to decide, do I want to spend the money, or hang in there until it crashes entirely. Now, my generous husband is willing to give me a new computer for our anniversary (or most of one, anyway. I still need to get a monitor.)

And here's the dumb thing. He told me he first thought about getting me one of those mini IPod things. It's an MP3 player, which allows you to create lists of your favorite songs and carry around all this music without actually carrying the cds. Pretty cool, huh? But I don't really need it. I have cds for that. And a computer is way more practical and useful. But darn it all, if I don't want that stupid mini IPod too. And I don't even like Apple computers!

But the idea of being able to carry around all my music with me at once. To organize lists based on whatever project I'm working on...that would be so cool. Like I told you guys before, I kind of create soundtracks to help me work on writing. This way, I'd actually be able to create the soundtracks and have them all with me at once. I could sit at the beach this summer (okay, more likely, lay in bed) and work with my alpha smart (laptop word processor) and listen to just the music I want at the right moment rather than messing with changing cds.

Okay, I know it's stupid, right? The computer is way more practical. And who knows what the quality of sound is like on these ipod things anyway? That plus the fact that I'm trying to spend less so I save more so I can get out of Corporate America that much faster. Oh, but they're so cute...and I would get to pick the color.

*sigh* I think I'm hopeless.

Please write me and tell me horrible things about the ipod so that I no longer want it. Please!!!

Talk to you tomorrow.

No comments: