Sunday, April 25, 2004

No longer nameless!

So, I have a favorite newsletter name. I also have a dilemma, but more on that in a minute. The name sort of depends on what I'm including in the newsletter. So, I decided to list all that out and see where that took me.

-Latest book news and upcoming events, etc.

-heroine rants and raves (as in about heroines, not from heroines. That would be weird...and plagiarism most likely.)

-monthly guest column (fabulous friends of mine, be warned, you will likely be asked to contribute!)

-writing/publishing, tips, things I wish I'd known before learning the hard way, etc.

-Fun stuff. Contests, giveaways, etc. Out of this world column--the best something around. The best hamburgers (Culvers. No question). The softest pajamas (pajamagrams. I kid you not.)

-Other good books to read with strong kicka$$ heroines.

-Little known facts. Odd little bits of information about The Silver Spoon, things that are just kind of weird and/or things that didn't make it to the final cut. (For example, for those of you who have read the book...Nevan had a daughter in the first draft. Her name was Heidi -- she chose her own name from those on Earth. An unwitting spy for the bad guys.)

But here's my dilemma. When I looked at the newsletters already out there on Yahoogroups, most of them have a little description of what they are. For example, Sfronline, which I subscribe to, describes itself as a list for the members of science fiction romance online, a newsletter providing helpful articles for writers, yada, yada yada. You get the idea.

For my newsletter description, I would want it to say something like it's a fun source for the latest heroine rants and raves, etc. Plus the latest book news from author Stacey Klemstein. (Okay, that was really cool to write author in front of my name--big doofy grin on my face--I'm such a dork!)

But the name I love -- Thank you to Heather Bernhard for this one! -- is GalaxSHE: Candya$$ heroines need not apply. Here's the thing... do you think the "She" part of GalaxSHE would be misunderstood to be me? In other words, do you think people would think I was being completely self-centered and referring to myself as the "she?" That's totally not the case. It's referring to the kicka$$ heroines that we all want to see, read about and hopefully, for those of so inclined, create.

Let me know what you think. I really, really, really want to use GalaxSHE. So, if there's a way to work around the whole potential misunderstanding issue, like if it all depends on how I write the description or maybe I'm just being paranoid about the whole thing, let me know!!

Thanks to Ed, Stacy G. and everyone for their ideas! Heather, you've got your pick of promotional tchotchkes, as soon as they're created. I know, it's just like winning the lotto, right? (ha, ha!)

Thank you also to my brother, Mike, for helping me identify the movie my "epiphany/apostrophe" quote from last week is from. "Hook," the Peter Pan movie from a few years back. Also, Thursday's quote was from Star Wars for those who were wondering : )

Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments: