Monday, April 05, 2004

Nothing in particular...
But a lot of stuff in general!
-I saw revised cover art this morning--it's awesome! It's so eyecatching and sexy. In fact that was my fear with the first round of art was that it was a little too sexy. I was afraid people might mistake it as more of a romance and/or erotic novel. But this new round is great--definitely hits the sci-fi angle without losing out on the "hot" element. Can't wait for you guys to see it!

-The short stories for Valpo's Wordfest judging are on their way to me. I'm really looking forward to reading them.

-The creative writing class will be starting up in a couple months. I think registration starts this month. I hope that people will want to take the class!

I'm so excited about all of this. I feel very fortunate to be able to participate in all of this : ) I love it! I know I'm going to be crazy busy for a long while now (especially with moving to a new house) but if it's doing all this kind of stuff, I don't care. I'll take on as much as I can because this is the opportunity I've been waiting for, for pretty much my whole life! Yeah, that's not scary and thrilling all at the same time.

On the other hand...
I had some time to think about my blog that I wrote yesterday. Really, even if long term space travel was possible, I'm not sure I could or would do it. In addition to all the things that I mentioned yesterday, I forgot to say that I'm claustrophobic. And did I tell you that I'm afraid of heights? And flying? Throw a bird in there (Please God not literally) and you have all my major phobias. Not to mention the fact that I can't remember if I've closed the garage door three seconds after I've pulled out of the driveway. Can you imagine worrying about stuff like that when you're in outer space for six months or more at a time? "Damn. I forgot to feed the cat."

This bit of weirdness brought to you by a long Monday at the office. Have to get going now, to make kickboxing on time. Though, usually, if I time it just right, I can miss the first five minutes. That's jump roping. I HATE jump roping. *Sigh* But I love punching stuff, so I suppose it all evens out in the end : )

Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments: