Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Newsletter?
So, creating an email newsletter is one of the things on my to-do list. It's also in my marketing plan. I've got content pretty much covered (if you've ever wanted to see your name in print, this is your newsletter, especially in the wimpy/kicka$$ heroine section. I'll be asking for people to write in with their vote for heroine of the week). But I need a name for it. Originally, I was going to focus the newsletter purely on heroines, what tv shows, books, movies to avoid because of wimpy ones and which ones to view because of strong, kicka$$ women. And that's still going to be a section of it. But not everything falls into that category. Some of it will be book news, fun stuff, contests, guest columns, etc.

So, I need a name for the newsletter. Because The Silver Spoon is sci-fi, the temptation to do something space-related is strong, but I also have plans to have my mystery published too (I hope!) And I'm thinking that running multiple newsletters is probably something that I can't do very easily. So I pretty much want a newsletter name than can cover all that stuff.

So, here's where the fun comes in (again, I hope!). Send me potential newsletter names, please?!? I can't register the newsletter with either yahoogroups or topica until I have a name. Plus, I just plain stink at naming things (ask my buddies at Corporate America, they'll back me up on this : ) )

Send as many names/suggestions as you want. If the judges (me and whoever else I can rope into giving their opinion) select one of the names you sent in, you'll get...some kind of cool prize. Definitely a BIG thank you in the first issue of the newsletter. And perhaps some kind of tchotcke (spelling?), t-shirt, key chain, something like that, as soon I have them made. Which I'm hoping to start soon!

Please, please help me with this! I can't emphasize enough how bad I am with things like this. If you don't, it'll just be Stacey's Newsletter, or something equally boring!!! Or maybe you think I should stick with the heroine focus. The original thought for the title of the newsletter was, No More Wimpy Heroines Unite. What do you think?

Random thought of the day:
How do actors who kiss on television know when it's supposed to be French kiss instead of a regular kiss? I'm serious about this. Watch for it. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Sometimes one person of the couple does and the other doesn't. Does it actually say in the script who is supposed to do what? Or is this something actors are allowed to improvise? I mean, seriously, is the director in the background shouting, "more tongue, please!" Sorry, didn't mean to gross anyone out, but I'm really intrigued by this. I mean, imagine if you're an actor on this show and you go in for a regular kiss but the hotshot actor or actress you're kissing decides to go for it. Are you offended? I mean, this is someone you might not even know well. I just can't figure out how that would work. If anyone knows for sure, or knows an actor they can ask, let me know the answer, will you?

Okay, you really can't get more random than that random thought of the day. : )

Talk to you tomorrow! Please send me newsletter names!!! sklemstein@msn.com

No comments: