Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Good news!

Two quick little nuggets of happy information...

First, I got an email from Chris DeSmet, one of the organizers for The Writers' Institute in Madison. She said there are over 100 people signed up for the panel I'm speaking on! Woohoo!!! Of course, I'm not the only one on the panel. There are five other writers as well (and I'm eager to hear what they have to say as well). But still, over 100 people. That's fantastic. If you haven't checked out The Writers' Institute at University of Wisconsin-Madison, please click on the link to do so. They have one of the best programs out there, in my opinion. I look forward to this event every year. I come back with so much information and motivation to keep plowing ahead. It's great. If you're looking for a boost, consider attending next year. Also, if you click on the link and download the conference guide (it's a pdf), you can read the description for the panel I'm on.

And second, I received official word yesterday that one of my projects for my dayjob again won an Award of Excellence from the Insurance Marketing Communications Association. It's a professional organization that evaluates marketing communications pieces on design, copywriting and concept, among other things. One of my projects won back in 2003, which was very cool and provided a certain cachet (is that how you spell that?) because I could say in query letters to agents and publishers that I am an award-winning copywriter for my dayjob. Tee, hee! Now I get to list both 2003 and 2005 when I mention that. How cool is that?!? Not to mention, it probably also helps build my credibility with my company. That's helpful too : )

Okay, that's it for now. Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

P.S. finished The Magician's Nephew (so good!!!) and will be picking up the next book when I'm at Target again. Probably tonight. : )

No comments: