Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Quick Note...

A reminder...I'll be in Madison starting tomorrow afternoon, so blog updates may be a little iffy (or non-existent) until next week.

In all the Harry Potter excitement, I forgot to mention Battlestar Galactica and SG-1. I was really surprised by SG-1. I loved O'Neill, but the new guy is pretty good too. And the snappy dialogue between Daniel and the chick who used to be on Farscape is hysterical. Battlestar Galactica was pretty good too, though I hated the lame flashback trying to explain the history and relationship between Adama and Colonel Tigh. They had these really bad wigs which were totally distracting. The best part of the episode, though, is where Helo expends all this effort to convince Starbuck not to kill Sharon #2, a cylon, because she's helped them out so far and is therefore not so bad. And then, while he's still trying to convince her, Sharon #2 steals the ship, leaving them stranded. Ha!

Also, Meg Cabot has evidently finished reading Harry Potter. I agree with her assessment and her plan of action in the event that J.K. Rowling attempts to pull a fast one on us. *grin* Scroll down to yesterday's entry to read what she has to say. No spoilers or anything, just funny. As a pet owner, I particularly enjoyed the next paragraph about the concerning green poop.

Okay, that's probably enough from me for now. I'm tired and getting slap-happy, I think. Wish me luck the next couple of days! I'll do my best to keep you updated and/or provide a full report upon my return : )

2 comments:

phule said...

Actually the link is wrong. There's an extra http in there.

Stacey said...

Yep, Rob's right. Dang it, I thought I fixed that last night. Oh, well. Sorry about that! It's fixed now : )