Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Blogging
Okay, here's the bad thing about me and blogging. During the day, while I'm out and about, I'm always thinking about things that would be fun to blog about. However, I never write them down. And I should, I know myself better than that. I have a brain like swiss cheese when it comes to stuff like this. Lots of holes and when there's a little too much heat, things get melty. And I know I haven't been as good lately about blogging every day. I'm going to try to change that by doing it, *gasp* during my lunch hour instead of at home.

So here is a compilation of some of the random things that I've been thinking about blogging about...
-My cover art questionnaire is done and turned in. I'm so happy that RuneStone asked for my opinion. But I'm also nervous because I don't know that what I like on other people's covers is possible or even right for mine. But I have every confidence in RuneStone knowing which of my suggestions are the not-so-hot ones!

-There's no such thing as the perfect job. Either you hate what you're doing and love the people. Or you hate the people and love what you're doing. Or, worse, you hate what you're doing and those miserable jerks that you work with too. So, finding the perfect job is impossible. It's all about compromise. What are you willing to give up to get something else in return? And it's interesting to me that our culture doesn't view working or jobs this way. Or, at least, I didn't until I started thinking about it. Everyone, I think, is on a quest for the perfect job. And just like the perfect man (or woman), it just doesn't exist. But the "right" one probably does.

-You don't have to wear green any more on St. Patrick's Day in the corporate America. No one would dare pinch you.

-And ten things that suck about March:
1. Snow, snow and more snow.
2. It's not winter, it's not spring...it's spinter?
3. Can anyone say mud?
4. Non-stop basketball. I mean, I like that sport as much as anyone...well, that's not true. I only really like it when I know the team or someone on the team (I went to Valpo, so it's possible.) Otherwise it's an endless parade of Dick Vitale wannabes screaming around and reciting useless statisics.
5. Reruns. Having just finished Feb sweeps, all the networks feel that they've earned a break. So, we're forced to watch reruns that we've probably already seen twice, or do something productive, like clean the house. Right. (The exception being Alias, of course. Woohoo, that Lauren is going to caught and I can't wait until Vaughn dumps her!)
6. No national holidays (yet again!). I don't work for a bank (like some people or a school, so there is a vast wasteland of work days between New Year's Day and Memorial Day for me.
7. Gray skies. But all kinds of variety, slate, lead, steel, etc.
8. Having to check the weather every morning to find out whether my work place will be only ten degrees hotter than it needs to be or thirty. And then dressing appropriately.
9. It doesn't have my birthday. Course neither do the other ten, but somehow it just sucks in March that much more.
10. At least another month until you can reasonably wear open toed sandals.

Talk to you tomorrow (and I mean it this time...I think.)

No comments: